Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How do I report what I report?

I have had some comments from readers about how I report the progress of my disease in the coherent manner that I do.  Good question.  Some would say I am a ruse or a charlatan.  Others might say that I have good and bad periods and that I write during the good periods.  Yet others may say that my wife or some other "Ghost Writer" writes these posts.  Well, none of those theories are correct!

First of all, I can assure you that I am the writer of every post, except one that my wife wrote.  She identified herself as the author of that post, and in fact, I would like her to write more about her experience as my care giver.

Second, I can assure you that I indeed DO have LBD and the symptoms I report are happening to me.

I do have good and bad times, as all other LBD patients have.  It is one of the signature symptoms of LBD.

But, I will tell you that I believe God has given me the ability to clearly report what is happening to me in order to unmask the terror of Lewy Body Dementia and other Dementia's.  Yes, God is my enabler!!

I am blessed with a wonderful wife that takes exceptional care of me with unbelievable patience.  She now is in control of every aspect of my life.  Meds, finances, driving, appointments, even what I watch on television.  My wife controls everything in my life.  She understands the disease and where I am in my journey.

She had noticed the recent degradation of my mental capabilities and also the changes in my physical symptoms.  She rescued me when I began to shake uncontrollable while serving Communion at our local Assisted Living Facility.  I am doing as well as I am because of her care.

I will continue to report as long as I am able.  Then, she will write one last post for me.  I greatly appreciate your readership and the relationship we have formed because of this disease.  Be tough, but always lean on God for your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment