Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A new car has given me some SPARK in my life!

We have been blessed with the purchase of a new Subaru Outback.  I wanted this model because it has all the new electronic safety devices like Blind Side alert, rear cross traffic alert, and Eye Sight, which stops the car if we do not!  It is a technological marvel!

But this car has invigorated me to wax, seal, polish, and learn!  I have done more in the last couple of days than I have in a long time.  I have been online learning about new Nano Technology car waxes, UV protection for dashboards and tires, and learning how to operate all the new technology in this wonderful car.

I have always loved cars.  I have always lusted a Corvette!  But this 2015 Subaru Outback has really excited me.  And that level of excitement is god for me!  I feel good!

What I have learned from this is;  I need something that interests me.   I need something to work on.  And I need to be passionate about something.  Without these things, I turn inward, and that is not good.

But, I suspect that is the same for most people and the vast majority of Dementia patients need something to bring passion into their lives.  At least, I did.  And I have it now, and I am glad.

Can I work in the heat as long as I used too?  No.  But, I do work and I enjoy the results of that work.  The car looks brand new! Oh, it is.  But what I am doing will keep it that way for a long time.  Which is how long it will last!  I expect this Outback will be the last car I ever purchase.

See, not all I write is negative!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Don. Find joy in all you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a great head start! Congratulations on purchasing a Subaru Outback! A new car is a nice way to get yourself back into the geist of things. It can be a means of the forward push that everyone needs. Keep that positivity going! All the best!

    Alton Dunn @ XTreme Motors

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s true. A new car can really ignite a spark in one’s life. Not only because of the convenience it gives; but also the joy of owning something you've really liked for a while. So congratulations for finally getting one! You certainly deserved it. Just make sure to do regular maintenance work on it, or take it to an auto shop for one, so that you won't have to worry about car troubles, and just have a smooth ride everytime you get behind the wheel. Cheers!

    Damon Sherman @ Butler Auto Hyundai

    ReplyDelete