Saturday, June 7, 2014

Where do I live and where am I now?

Today, we toured Pensacola today.  The local historical society had an open house and historical reenacters all over the historical district of the city.  Then, the city also had a Hurricane Preparedness event on a town square that had different vendors and county agencies with Hurricane information.

It was a warm day and we enjoyed walking around, touring the historical venues, and the Hurricane preparedness displays for about 3 hours.  We at lunch in Downtown Pensacola at a quaint, local restaurant.

During that lunch, I began to feel mentally fuzzy.  I could not remember where we were or where we lived.  After a period of thought, I began to remember I lived fairly close to where we were but I had no idea how to get there.  This is not a new issue, but one that is normally in the background.  I don't think about it, so it does not bother me.  But, today, for some reason, it was an issue to me.

When I experience this mental disconnect, I am upset, and feel like I am lost, with no idea how to get where I belong, if I knew where that was.  As long as I am with my wife, I am OK.   I have had this feeling when I was up a night, alone in the living room, I feel lost.  My familiar surroundings help then.

Our hope is to get into a continuing care facility that I can progress in.  Our search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment