Monday, June 2, 2014

Kasey Kasum has Lewy Body Dementia!!

While the idiots on the talking head shows tell you Kasey had Parkinson's, the truth is, he has Lewy Body Dementia.  Just like me, and just like those you care for!

Why is this such a big deal?  Because, having someone of notoriety suffer from a disease brings attention to that disease!  I cannot tell you how many doctors I have seen that DO NOT know what LBD is!  Even though it is the second most diagnosed Dementia, right after Alzheimer's!  Even my own Sister still thinks I have Parkinson's!!  But, she is 81!  I am NOT going to change her mind!  She never heard of LBD, so it does not exist!

But, this is a great opportunity to get our disease some front page coverage and maybe some money for research.  But frankly, I would just be happy to have people actually know what I have!

I did meet a Navy Medical Officer, early in his career, at Church who actually knew why LBD was.  He was very well informed and appreciated the opportunity to pick my brain as to how I was dealing with it.  Again, how refreshing.

So, tell your friends about the suffering of Kasey Kasum, the world's most recognized Top 40 Disc Jockey!  Then tell them you take care of someone who also has the disease!  You will be surprised how much interest they show!

3 comments:

  1. I agree and I have never had anyone in the military. VA stinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about why it was so big to have a celebrity with a disease. But now that you explain it, it does make sense. Michael J. Fox has done a lot for Parkinson's. I had not heard of LBD until my husband was diagnosed with it. The information would get out more, with support if someone famous would be a spokesperson for LBD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about why it was so big to have a celebrity with a disease. But now that you explain it, it does make sense. Michael J. Fox has done a lot for Parkinson's. I had not heard of LBD until my husband was diagnosed with it. The information would get out more, with support if someone famous would be a spokesperson for LBD.

    ReplyDelete