Saturday, May 24, 2014

The most frustrating part of Lewy Body Dementia!

I wrote a few days ago about how good I felt after my surgery.  I also said, I wondered how long it would last.  I found out the answer to that question.  Today, I felt the vitality, memory capability, and energy drain out of my body.

We have been busy, for us, the last few days.  Today, we went to some friends home for dinner.  It was a wonderful evening.   All of us had things in common and we exchanged stories of our childhood, careers, and Church experiences.  Oh, he and I were both career Navy Enlisted men, so we each had some sea stories to tell also.  It was a great time.  The meal was exquisite!  I had a wonderful time.

But, my wife noticed me slipping and told me it was time to go.  I did not want to leave because I was having such a great time.  But, she knew what was best.  By the time we got in the car, I was slapping my leg and tapping my fingers in that annoying way.  I was spent, and I am now.

I knew earlier today that I was slipping and took a short nap to try to recapture what I had the last few days.  It did not work.  I am back where I was before the surgery.  That is the frustrating part of LBD.  The UP and down of the disease.  For a minute, or really a couple of days, I felt like I was "Normal".  I had my thoughts of building my Concrete Survival Home again!  I even looked up land in South Dakota.  But, reality sat in and I am back to understanding I will never get better and I will only get worse.

I have said before, I wish I never had these times of feeling better.  Status Quo would be much better for my mental well being.  Lewy Body is cruel that way.  But, you already know that.  It is only those of us with the disease that suffer from the ups and downs.

Oh, well, it was the BEST evening we have had since we moved to Florida!!  That was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment