Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thanks for your support!

Since the flood, we have received so much support from our family and friends.  It is interesting how much support and relief a telephone call or email provide.  For instance, my friend from work, Steve, called Tuesday.  He could tell I was upset and having mental issues.  He asked to speak with my wife, using "Library reference question" as a cover.  He then set up a Skype call for Wednesday morning, my Birthday, with the guys I worked with!!   It was priceless to me and It helped me get on a even keel.

I have received cards and emails from Navy friends, Church friends and family.  I had a Facebook post from a friend I used to work with.  Keith told me, anything we needed or if we needed help, he would be here.  Just ask!!

Then, there is my best friend Jerry.  He sent help to our son!   Jerry did this because we are family!  I called Jerry ad thanked him but that is not sufficient for such an act of love and caring.  I still tear up when I think of his charity.   He is truly a friend indeed.

Tragedy and disaster bring out true friends and their charity and love.  We have been blessed with the best friends any family could have.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment