Sunday, February 23, 2014

We are not alone!!

I am receiving more and port comments and emails from caregivers of LBD patients that are traveling the same path as I am.  They look OK, act OK, talk OK, to the uneducated.  They look normal to the people that do not live with the.  Most people do not see them in a rage after the sun goes down.  Their relatives don't see them do the crazy things that we do and don't understand why we get yelled at for them.  Like making a paper hat at a Church meeting and then wearing it!

It is good for me to know I am not the only individual doing strange things and saying things that people are shocked by.  My poor wife is constantly trying to keep me in line.  Not because I embarrass her but because she is trying to keep me from embarrassing myself!

More and more, I avoid social engagements.  Crowds or even small groups of people overwhelm me. When we go to Church on Sunday morning, I am frightened of the crowd.  My vision closes down to a pencil point.   I look around me, but I see little.  I do much better at home.

So, I am glad my little blog acts a an avenue to bring us together!!  I encourage more of you to join our support group!!  We can help each other deal with the ups and downs of LBD.  Thanks!!


2 comments:

  1. I believe the extra input from crowds overwhelms the nervous system. Resulting in tunnel vision, sensitivity and finally exhaustion. Something's cannot be explained until /unless you have experienced them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. --ATTENTION ALZHEIMER’S CAREGIVERS--
    ESTELLA & SYLVIA is for you. This novel is the refreshing break you need while caring for that special loved one.

    —”This is one of the most unique family stories I’ve ever read. I found myself rooting for the whole family. It also helped me as a caretaker.” Frances Blake, just a book lover who enjoys a good story while caring for her sick mother.
    http://www.amazon.com/Estella-Sylvia-Will-Gibson-ebook/dp/B00CVU3WV6/ref=la_B008TE5ZR2_1_4_bnp_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389736412&sr=1-4

    ReplyDelete