Friday, February 21, 2014

Good Day!!

The weather has been war the last few days.  I have been able to get out in the fresh air and sunshine.  I always feel better when it is warm and I can get out.  Yesterday, I felt so good I mower the lawn.  Well, actually, the winter weeds.  Yes, in Northwest Florida we grow winter weeds!!  Both mowers started right up.  Thank you Stabil!  I really enjoyed riding the tractor around the back yard.

I went to bed very early last night.  I was tired and I felt the effects of "Sundowning" coming on and I did not want to put up with it!  I sole up this morning raring to go.  By 9AM I was cleaning the inside of the car.  Vacuuming the carpets in the car, washing the windows inside and out.  The car is now clean, inside.

Then we went to Lowe's and bought some week killer, mulch, and a new string trimmer.  We came home and I spread the pre-emergent week killer, spread the mulch around our Crepe Myrtle tree in the front yard, and used my new string trimmer to trim the fence line in the back yard!  I was a ball of energy.

Now, I am resting.  For the first time in a while, I feel like I accomplished something.  This is a good feeling.  It is important for me to do the things that I used to do.  Next week, I am going to wash and wax the car.  That may take all week and in the past I could accomplish that in 4 hours.  But it will be done, by me.  Maybe I can't drive alone anymore, but I can wash and wax the car, just like old times!  That will make me feel better.

Since it is warming up, the old fight is coming back and I feel good.  I hope this weather pattern stays with us.   I know I can get depressed, grumpy, and difficult to be around.  Even though I try not to be.  But days like this, get me back on track.  So, I knew I had to share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment