Wednesday, December 18, 2013

This Blog is s lifeline for me!

Being able to write about my journey is a lifeline for me.  There are stresses, fears, and frustrations, that I can express in writing but not openly in discussion.  It is like I am writing to a very close friend!  That may be weird to some of you, but it is therapy for me.   It is also a connection to a support group.  Many times, you reply wit encouragement, suggestions, or even criticism.  Each reply is welcomed and cherished.  It is like family or close friends trying to help!

I have been blessed with the ability to express what is going on as I go down the LBD road.  Many LBD patients cannot do that, and I am sorry for them.  Maybe they need encouraged or enabled to blog.  That is what my wife did for me.  I would have never ventured on this journey without her enabling me.  Now, I write all the time.

I have also made some friends and compatriots in the LBD community through blogging.  That is a big benefit of being open about this disease.

So, I thank each one of you and I pray that you are all doing as well as you can.  You will always be in my thoughts and prayers.


3 comments:

  1. I just came back from spending several days at home with my mom & dad. My dad is doing well these days and with Christmas just around the corner, I think he is feeling pretty jolly!
    It seems that when Dad and I are alone he brings up his health. He has made it clear that if he gets to the point where my mom can no longer care for him, she is to put him into a nursing home. He has said it to me several times and I don't really know how to reply to his wishes. None of us, including my mom, want him to be in a nursing home. There are 8 of us kids and with the exception of 2 of them, we can all be there to care for him. I did tell my dad that with all of us kids, I don't think he will be seeing a nursing home anytime soon.
    I love hanging out with him, especially when he rides his bike. I never know what we will talk about but we usually end up having a fun conversation. The other day I asked him, "How did you propose to mom?" My dad got this huge smile on his face and told me the story that I never knew. It is great bonding time for both of us and also he rides his bike longer when someone is in there visiting with him. Before we knew it, he had rode his bike for 30 minutes!!! I am very proud of his dedication to exercise.
    Anyway, Thank you again for sharing your life with us. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing your story. i read your blog regularly and it has really helped me understand what my dad goes through - he's a WWII vet. i'm sure there are many of us who read your blog and don't always comment, but know that it has helped me and my family. merry christmas! i hope that you are all able to enjoy the time you spend together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your insights to this disease. My husband of almost 40 years has this too. It seems the loss of muscle mass is hard for him to believe. The trials of constipation are like nothing he ever experienced before. He is a big prune eater now - we started saving the plastic prune holders to the grandies to use as bug catchers - the house is now over run with bug catchers - spring come soon!

    ReplyDelete