Thursday, January 10, 2013

I am UP, again!

No, not in my house suspended from balloons, but UP as in not asleep.  I was sitting here reminiscing about my mentor and old friend Bill Mowery.  I found out yesterday that he passed away, alone, on December 20th.  That hit me hard for many reasons.  Since we moved to Florida, I always meant to go see him, he was only 4 or 5 hours drive away, but I never did.  He died alone, and I was not there for him.

But what really has me concerned is that I am having problems remembering the names of shipmates!  I remember the ship's names, but few shipmate's names come to mind anymore and that bothers me!  There are a few who keep in touch with me, and my closest friend, Jerry Hart, but names and faces have faded from memory.  Some times, a name pops into my memory and then fades away as quick.  I don't know where they are or even if they are alive.  bUt for that fleeting moment, they come into memory and then disappear.

This disease is cruel sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment