Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The emotions of disappointment

If you are a regular reader of mine, you will have been through my recent posts about my extreme disappointment over the election.  I am a patriot and I am a Constitutionalist.  I took and administered the Oath that Enlisted personnel take to join or re-enlist in the Navy and all the Military Branches.   That Oath says: "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  And I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."  I take that Oath very seriously and when I see our nation taking a path that is against that Oath, I get emotional.  Obviously!

But the shocking fact is that my wife and I have seen how the LBD has impacted my ability to deal with disappointment.   I am still very shook, very confused about my feelings and very angry.   And, except for my wife, my son, and my best friend Jerry,  no one has tried to contact me, help me deal with this shock, or even reacted to my posts!  That makes me realize that I am very much alone, with the exception of the afore mentioned loved ones, in my journey.  I am a burden to those who now regret knowing me.  People with long term, terminal, diseases are looked upon by the "Healthy Normal, community" as a burden to be suffered, occasionally.  No!!   How many times did you visit your Grandparents in the nursing home or hospital?  How about your elderly parents?  A friend who is sufferinf from a long term illness?  I thought so!

So, when I express my shock and horror about the election results, everyone, except the afore mentioned loved ones, ignored me.  It's almost like you are saying; "Please stop taking your meds!" or; "I agree with your decision to stop taking your meds!"  Maybe not, but that is how I see it.  But it is OK, I am doing better thanks to my wife, son, and Jerry.  I am still not 100%, but I am better.

So, stop worrying about me.  Oh, I forgot, you weren't.

2 comments:

  1. Don, Patriot, Shipmate and Friend: You are dead wrong, Myself and many others do care, I was at a loss after reading your election night post not knowing what to say I chose to wait until you once again posted, to my relief you have. GOD bless and be safe.
    Brian Harman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my--I care too! But I am behind on my blog reading...I've had a challenging week...I need to get to work so that I can pay for all these new taxes that just got voted for in California..plus, my older daughter had the flu. Please remember Who is really in charge...the Lord reigns supreme. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete