Thursday, October 4, 2012

A little cheese with that whine?!

I had a realization that I might be turning this site into a Whine Fest!   It was never my intent to indulge in self pity.  Just the opposite, I want to share my journey in a positive and truthful manner.  Now, some of the things I have reported do come across as negative, and that is the impact of LBD or any Dementia.  But there are interesting and even humorous things that happen, if you just look.

For instance, the other day, my wife walked past me and I saw her in a blue blouse.  I commented on it, only to be told she was only wearing her bra!  I looked again and I saw that she was correct.  No big deal, and somewhat funny.  You just have to look at the things that occur, out of the ordinary, with curiosity and humor.  I remember in the third "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie that Jack was effected with the curse of the gold coin.  He was in the day light and could see the bones in his hand.  His reply; "Now that is interesting, very interesting!"

That is how I try to look at the hallucinations, my teetering over, or my forgetfulness. It is interesting how I see a blue blouse when there is none or remember a name one day and not the next.  Instead of obsessing over it, I have to look at it as something new and so should the caretaker.

So, I will try to be more humorous, more inquisitive, and more upbeat!

1 comment:

  1. Don,
    I posted a comment on one of your older blogs and want to thank you for your constant posts and your optimism. We just found out that my grandfather who is 78 was diagnosed this year with LBD. We dont know much about the Disease and I am thankful for any information and experiences that you are posting. stay positive. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete