Friday, September 21, 2012

Dizzy!

Today, I woke up dizzy!  OK, there's a joke in there somewhere, but I mean I was dizzy.  My head felt numb and I was very unsteady on my feet.  Today was the day we had planned to go to the Commissary so I was determined to carry out our day's plans.

I took a shower and was glad our builder, D.R.Horton, redid out master bath shower at cost complete with three grip bars!  I held on with one hand and washed with the other.  It worked and we headed for the Commissary.

Riding in the car was difficult in the beginning.  No, not because I am the world's worst passenger.  But because the effect of things speeding towards me was overwhelming!   That sensation subsided after a while.  In the Commissary, I did fairly well until checkout!  Getting the items out of the cart and onto the checkout conveyor was difficult.  The up and down movement made me dizzy, or more dizzy!

But, we made it home and after unloading the groceries, I was able to sit down and rest and I felt somewhat better.  We took a nap in the afternoon and now I feel better.

I consider myself a good boy today!  I did not even consider driving today!  I knew I was not in any shape to drive.

Again, like the incident where I did not know I had clothes on, dizzy is a new issue.  I don't know if it is related to my LBD or an inner ear issue.  I did not have any allergy issues, no congestion, no coughing, no, sneezing, so I lean towards LBD.  And, since LBD does effect different parts of the brain, it makes sense to me.  Oh well, it's another thing to put on the question list for the neurologist appointment in December.

As have said before, things are progressing and starting to effect me more.  I am more emotional and more tired.  It is to be expected and I am handling it OK.  But, I also know I am really in a fight to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment