Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My wife and my friend

I received a comment from a reader today.  That reader commented on my Navy blog but also commented on a post my wife placed on this blog a while ago.  He told me I had a great wife!  I have known that for almost 40 years!  But, it was good to get someone else's opinion too.  She has always stood by me, encouraged me, kept me in line, told me when I was wrong, which in itself is a tough job, and now, has become my caregiver.  Some of you may not think I need a caregiver yet, but I do.  For instance, I can no longer make sense of all the medications I take.  And keeping medical appointments is not in my ability either.

But, her biggest task right now is to be my sounding board.  I need someone to talk to, be with, and tell my inner fears to.  I suffer from serious insecurity issues.  I am constantly asking her if I did this or that correctly.  Now, I never had that issue before, but now, I need to know I can still do something well enough to pass inspection.  Of course, what I can do is limited.  I'm not even permitted to drive the riding lawn mower, but sometime I sneak a few laps in before I get caught.   Truth is, I get over heated and suffer from excess sweating at the drop of a hat.  So, her care and attention IS necessary because I am hard headed, still!

I know her role in my disease is very difficult.  And she has the most difficult times to come!  I appreciate her love and care and I appreciate the difficult times to come.  I try to make her load lighter, but there will come a time when I will be unable to help her.  Yet, my wife is always there, by my side, keeping me on track.  I could not ask for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment