Monday, August 6, 2012

An unexpected award and a new look.

I have been writing this blog for a while.  It came to being because of my wife and my neurologist, Doctor Mary Bowles.    They both believed it would be therapeutic for me and also a record of my long journey into eternity and they were right. But I never knew that what I wrote would be useful to others.  But your comments have caused me to understand that all of us in the Lewy Body community, sufferers and caregivers, benefit from sharing our experiences.  The best support group is you, who read all of the Blogs written through the challenges and pain of this mysterious disease.  I call it mysterious because even Medical Doctors don't know what Lewy Body Dementia is.  We, all of us, are pioneers and together we will inform anyone who wants to know and educate those who will listen.  I wish to convey my heartfelt respect for those of you on this journey.

I was informed today that this Blog was awarded a Best Blog award from Healthline.com.  It was one of 25 other Blogs recognized in the Dementia community.  I was surprised and honored by this award.  It is recognition of the efforts of my wife and you, the readers.  Thank you for being part of my journey.

We have a new look for our Blog and I hope you like it.  Again, it is the artistic efforts of my wife that make this Blog possible.  She is the my love, caregiver, and mentor.  Of course, we will gladly take inputs and ideas.  Your comments are always welcome.  Again, thanks for being there!  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the award! Very much deserved.

    ReplyDelete