Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I just don't need another medical issue!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day in the local hospital.  It was my first visit to this medical establishment and I must say it is very good.  Oh, the reason I spent those pleasant hours was because of an excruciating pain in the left side of my abdomen.  The pain started slow and low on Sunday and built to a seven or eight out of ten by Tuesday morning.  I went to my GP and he poked and listened to me yelp and scream until he sent me to the hospital.

The professionals at the hospital found other was to cause me discomfort.  Drinking bad tasting liquids is not my strong suit.  I gag on toothpaste!  But, to prep for a CT scan of my intestines, it was necessary.  They also gave me some pain meds that helped.  I was concerned that I might have trapped an intestine in a muscle wall or had another colon tumor.   But it was neither.  It was disclosed that I have Colitis!  While it has not been determined what type of Colitis I have, it can be a difficult problem.  My hope is that this is an isolated case and the antibiotics will solve my issue.  Only time will tell.  But if this is a chronic issue it will add a new chapter to my medical record.  Just what I need!  Oh well, the pharmacist will be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I cannot imagine trying to cope with everything life is throwing at you. I hope I never have to find out for myself!

    Hope you find some way of coping.

    ReplyDelete