Saturday, March 31, 2012

One of THOSE nights!

Last night was one of the nights that upset me.  We went to sleep fairly early after watching a movie with our youngest Grandson.  It was a wonderful evening and I did not experience any stress or upset before bed.  I went to sleep quickly, but sometime during the night I had one of those
"Combat" dreams.  I don't remember the dream but I obviously had one because I hit my wife twice in a row during the night!  I hate this part of LBD.  I feel guilty about the incident even though I did not do it on purpose.  She was not hurt, thank GOD, but I am still ashamed of my actions.  My wife understands and says she is fine and all seems fine this morning.

I just spent a long time on the telephone with an old shipmate.  He asked me how I was doing, and I said, As good as I can be!  I also said, if I have to have a disease, this is not a bad one to have.  After all, I can do most of the things I want to if I pay attention to my limitations.  So, all in all, thins are good.

This post reminds me of a comedy song Alan Sherman had out in the 1960's.  It was called; "Camp Grenada" and it was about a boy at camp writing home.  He tells how bad camp is, the food, the bugs, and then, he changes his tune when the sun comes out!  That is how my days go.  I feel terrible some times until I realize just how good I have it.  Maybe I will stay at Camp Grenada for a while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment