Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hypothyroidism and LBD

I have spent the last 36 hours thinking about the results of the blood tests the new neurologist ordered.  My wife and I, along with WEBMD, can trace the hypothyroidism symptoms back 9 months.  That's important, because I can now say that while I have hypothyroidism, I still have Lewy Body Dementia!  That statement is important to me because, like so many LBD sufferers, I have been questioned and doubted too many times.  Too many doctors, acquaintances, and health professionals, have said; "You are not sick, I have those symptoms sometimes, you don't look sick, that's not a disease."  So, I am sensitive about being called a malingerer and a gold brick.

It is not out of the question for an individual in declining health to suffer from numerous issues.  If someone has congestive heart failure and Asthma, no one would blink an eye.  So why is it, that some folks would question me on my LBD diagnosis along with the hypothyroidism diagnosis?  But, because of how I have been treated, it has taken me these 36 or so hours to come to this conclusion.

Tonight is the first time I will take the prescribed medicine for my hypothyroidism.  We will see how I do on this medicine.  Hopefully, I will tolerate it well because I really would like to get this issue under control.  For the last few months, I have really felt terribly tired, weak, lethargic, and just lousy .  I would like to get back to feeling just bad!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and I hope all goes well. Many people have been questioned about their diagnosis of LBD, and I am one. But after being given the diagnosis by two different consultants, and getting the same answer, I know that they can not be both wrong.

    Regards

    Ken

    ReplyDelete