Sunday, March 11, 2012

A great visit!

One of the hardest parts of moving to Florida has been leaving my best friends behind.  That coupled with the complete absence of surface ship sailors to converse with leaves me without anyone to talk too.  Yes, I have folks I talk to, but they know little or nothing about the surface Navy and therefore, we have little in common.  But last Tuesday, my best friends came to visit and it was grand!  We pushed ourselves to the limit, staying up late, not taking naps, and going more places in three days than I would normally go in a week.  But it was wonderful.  They were the first visitors we have had in the new Florida home.  I enjoy visitors, they invigorate me and make me push my limits.  We talked Navy, politics, old times, and old friends.  I felt good.  It all ended too quickly but work and distance always win.  Now I am starting to plan our trip back to Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment