Friday, February 17, 2012

I have it made!

We had a good day today.  We got up and had a leisurely breakfast.  My constant companion poodle got groomed.  My best friend called me and we had a great conversation discussing his and his wife's pending visit.  We went shopping for a few things and enjoyed ourselves and now, I am sitting on the couch, watching television, digesting a wonderful dinner.  I truly have it made!!   Yes, my legs hurt enough that I needed some pain meds tonight, I have problems walking too long and even standing for any period of time, and I still dream every night, things that frighten me.  And my memory continues to get worse, even old memories are fading.  But, this life is precious, I find great joy in my son and his family being so close.  I enjoy the time with my grandsons, and most of all, I love and cherish my time with my wonderful wife.  Even with all that is going on, I know that I truly have it made!!  There really is nothing that can change that fact.  And I am happy and secure in that truth.  GOD has blessed me with a wonderful life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you shared this.
    Your wife needs to print it out and put it in her Bible. :)

    ReplyDelete