Saturday, February 4, 2012

Florida means FAMILY to me.

The sole reason we moved to Florida is because our Son and his wonderful family moved her.  I talked to my wife a number of times about a possible move to Florida and I met a mile long list of reasons NOT to move.  I even looked into The Villages!  No deal.  But, now we are Floridians.  As I said, Florida means Family.  Today, we had everyone at our house to christen my new gas grill.  I cooked chicken and did a good job.  The entire family plus a friend of our Grandsons came to enjoy the afternoon.  But the secret is, I enjoyed it even more than they did.  It is therapy for me to have people to talk with, to tell sea stories to, to listen to.  I really enjoyed myself.  And, in the next few weeks, my sister and our best friends, are coming to visit.  So, I am excited!

Another thing I really enjoy is telephone calls from friends and family.  Today, I had the opportunity to talk to my Brother.  We talked for a good long, time, and I really enjoyed it.

So, this was a good day.  I know I write about the tough issues, so I think I should talk about the good days too.  And this was a great one!  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment