Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cognitive Skills Tests, AGAIN!

Since we moved to Florida, I had to get a new Neurologist.   And, since I have a NEW Neurologist, I have to undergo a new series of Cognitive Skills tests.  The New Doctor's staff is a little COLD in their approach.  Professional, but cold, like ICE cold!  The new tests I took were completely computer based.  Past tests were done by humans and were interactive with the administrator of the tests watching my reactions, effort, and reactions.  This test administrator sat on a chair, behind me on the other side of the room.  She could not see my face or my reactions.  When I was being watched in the past, I think I tried harder.  Don't get me wrong, I tried this time too, but I still like the human interaction.

In any case, the test had the same components.  For instance, the computer gave me 15 words, and then at the end of the hour of testing, it asked me to remember the fifteen words.  I remembered three!  Then there were the 15 different shapes.  the same drill, and I think I remembered seven.  But that makes sense, I am mechanical in nature, so shapes mean more to me than words.  In any case, I will be interested to see how I did.  I will keep you posted, if I remember!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you like your new Dr. even if staff is cold. I would like to know when you find out if your muscle pain is related to the drugs you take. My husband has leg muscle pain and is losing muscle in his arms. Keep on keeping on. I agree the human interaction is the best. This seems to be the way of the world. All computer based. What a shame!

    ReplyDelete