Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Don't try this at home!

I almost feel like I should have a disclaimer stating; "Professional idiot, don't try this at home!"  Making a cross country move, while suffering with mid-stage Lewy Body Dementia is not a good idea!  I may go as far as to say, learn from me, but don't try this yourself.

Yes, I am very happy to be with my Son, Daughter in law, and grandsons.  And Florida may be a nice place.  But moving away from my know surroundings, friends, doctors, church, and landmarks was not a good idea.  The stress of moving across the hall in the same building is tough enough, moving into everything new is frightening!  Nothing is as it seems or as it once was.  The stores that promise delivery don't keep their promises.  The companies that provide services, don't.  It is a constant fight to maintain.  My poor wife is overwhelmed with unpacking, arranging, organizing an entire home.  All this while she worries about my well being.

This move is like a television show where the hero jumps out of a car at 70 mph and gets up to fight three bad guys, and wins!  Watch the show, but don't ever try it yourself.  I think they call that living vicariously.

No comments:

Post a Comment