Sunday, November 6, 2011

Almost settled in.

Well, the boxes are unpacked and gone, the furniture is in it's place, the refrigerator and washer/dryer are delivered,  (although with great difficulty from Best Buy) and we have shades on the windows. Life is returning to normal or something that resembles normalcy.  We even made it to Church today!  Also, we had our family over for dinner on Saturday and that was great!  So, many of the things I wanted from this move are coming to pass.

However, my wife and I have both noticed a degradation in my condition.  I am more detached from the world around me and I notice that I look at the world around me from  distance.  It feels like I just woke up from a long sleep and am still groggy.  I am also noticing some problems with the autonomic functions of my body.  I have trouble maintaining my body temperature at a normal temperature.  I am either too hot or too cold.  My neurologist noticed that my blood pressure was elevated, but I have also had recent times when my blood pressure was normal.  Both of these are normal issues for people with LBD.  However, they are new to me.   I can actually feel when my blood pressure is elevated.

As things get more routine, I hope, but do not believe, that I will return to where I was two months ago.  That's not bad, it is just the way it is.  Knowing about this disease makes it easier to deal with it.  It also makes me expectant of future changes.  It is like waiting for the thunder after seeing the lightening.  You know what is coming, but you don't like waiting for it to come.  That may not make sense to most, but it is how my mind works.

No comments:

Post a Comment