Monday, October 24, 2011

A fond farewell

I write from a hotel room in Augusta Georgia.  We are completing the first leg of our relocation cruise.  We will be in Gulf Breeze Florida tomorrow.  The movers from Bekins Movers did a wonderful job packing us out and moving us!  We were packed n Friday and they loaded the truck today.  We were on the road by 2PM.

Yesterday, my Church, Grace Community Church off Virginia Beach gave me a great send off.  I had the opportunity to preach my last sermon, at least for a while, and my brothers and sisters in Christ made Linda and I feel loved.  Our best friends, Jerry and Marcia were there as well as Nancy Allen from the Virginia Beach Senior Services.  It was the hardest part of our move to Florida.  I truly love all of these people.  They are very important to me and I will miss them, tremendously.  Yes, I know this move has many good points.  Finally being with my Son, Daughter in Law, and grandsons again, is a dream come true.  But these friends have been a life line for me.  I will miss them and I hope they come to visit us soon!

More driving tomorrow, busy Wednesday getting ready for the closing on our home, Thursday closing, Next Monday the furniture arrives!  We are going to be busy!  So I will rest for now.

Thanks Virginia Beach!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment