Friday, July 15, 2011

A roller coaster ride.

I was sitting here in my computer room, looking over past posts.  Why, because I don't remember what I wrote for the most part.  Sad but true.  In any case, as I looked over my postings I realized that the last 6 months have been a roller coaster ride of symptoms, problems, and doctors.  There have been good days and some not so good.  My symptoms have been better some days and worse others.  Just like the symptoms of Lewy Body Dementia.  I say that, not to stick my finger in my neurologist's eye or any of my doubters, but as an affirmation of good research.  I can doubt my own illness and the diagnosis of numerous doctors on the days I feel good.  So it is good to know that I am not going crazy, it is LBD that is changing it's mind as ofter as a two year old.  Understanding that is the key to dealing with this disease.  I am convinced that this roller coaster ride will continue for the foreseeable future and that the big hills are yet to come.  But, understanding what I have and how it acts is the best defense for me.  If I know what I face, I can understand my issues, and not be frightened.  That is why I pushed for an exact diagnosis and that is why I can deal with this in such a positive manner. 

Thanks to all of you who support me in the many ways that you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment