Saturday, July 2, 2011

Memory loss progresses

I write a blog about my Navy days that I truly enjoy.  I have written many stories from my active duty and civil service days from memory.  And that has been good for me.  It has enhanced my memories and has given me pleasure.  My wife and my Neurologist both encouraged me to continue the blog as long as I could.  Well, we are reaching the end of the road. You see, I am having more and more difficulty remembering my past!  Up t now, I had very good recall of the past.  It was the short term memory that I had issues with.  No more!  Now I can't remember the past.  I remember parts of stories, but the majority of the story just is not there.  I feel like I am looking into an empty container!  I know something is supposed to be there, but I can't find it.  
Is this temporary?  I doubt it.   I think this is the next step.

I have felt diminished in my mental and physical capabilities for the last week or so and that coincides with my inability to recall the past.  So, what do I do?  Live with it.  There is no alternative.  So, if you read my Navy blog;  "The Master Chief's Lair", I may be slow in my posts.  But I will keep trying.  That's me.    

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear you enjoyed this article and you found it helpful. Memory loss is a complicated issue for elderly individuals. Thanks for reading my blog!

    Memory Disorder Clinic

    ReplyDelete