Friday, May 27, 2011

I am becoming a hermit!

This disease is turning me into a hermit!  I have lost my desire to go out and be social.  I have known this, in theory, for a while.  But today, during my first appointment with the psychiatrist, I actually understood that I was a hermit!!  Before the LBD, I was a very extroverted, gregarious, person who thrived on crowds, people, and gatherings.  Now, my wife who is an extreme introvert, has to schedule any social gathering and drag me out of the house.  The real sad and disturbing part is, I am comfortable just being home, alone.

One positive thing, if there is anything positive, is that the psychiatrist told my wife and I that my hallucinations, the memory problems, the changes in my personality, are not psychiatric or in my mind, but are neurological and related to my disease.  That is comforting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment