Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You have to laugh!

If you have followed this Blog at all, you must have seen a few examples of my attempt to laugh at the things that happen as a by product of LBD.  Some things are down right funny!  I realize that I have written some angry and "down" postings, but I really do find humor in my everyday living. 

Lately my memory has taken a marked turn for the worse.  You may remember my search for the garage door opener or as I call it, the remote control.  I found that in a light bulb box, in a closed plastic stowage box, in the bottom of the linen closet.  How it got there, I don't know.   But now, I think it's funny.  Just a few minutes ago, my wife and I were sharing a story about our outing to the Native American Pow-Wow held at our local park built on a mountain of garbage with grass on it.  True!!  As she told me the story and stated that I would always remember the circumstances, I began to laugh, because I know that I WILL forget the circumstances, and I thought that was funny.

You just can't take this too seriously.  Come to think of it, people take themselves too seriously.  That's why there is so much depression, so many suicides, so many strokes, so many divorces.  Lighten up people!   I had an Executive Officer on the USS Stein that said, "Navy is supposed to be fun.  If you are not having fun, you are doing something wrong!"  I agreed with the XO then and I agree with him now.  LIFE is supposed to be fun!  Yes, there are responsibilities, but if you live right, they take care of themselves.  I refuse to let my illness dictate how I feel.  Yes, sometimes I am reclusive, depressed, and overwhelmed.   But I still strive to fine humor in my life, even if it is at my expense.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA!!
    That sounds like me when I sometimes say to Hubby; he has LBD also, "Oh remind me later to do..." We just look at each other and smile big ;-)

    ReplyDelete