Sunday, February 6, 2011

STRESS!

I have just figured out something in my life, that many of you who are also dealing with a dementia issue may have already known. That is, the stress of dealing with the reaction of others, to my disease, is causing me great difficulties. I honestly just figured this out in the last few moments. And, honestly, I don't know what to do with it or about it. I see a number of reactions to my condition, especially since it is becoming more apparent to everyone, that I am progressing more and more. I see anger, disbelief, disapproval, sympathy, sadness, horror, and even shock. One day, not to very long ago, we were in a restaurant, and as is now the process, Linda was ordering for me. The waitress was very disapproving of this arrangement. I guess she did not know what was going on, but she was really shocked. Some people talk louder to me. I guess they think I can't hear them or maybe I forgot HOW to hear! Trust me, I can't remember but I hear fairly well in my left ear. My right ear is of little use because of the MK 42 5"/54 Naval Gun.

However, I am writing this to ask for some input from those of you who read this Blog and are dealing with the same issues. Am I being over sensitive? Or do you see the same things also. I will also ask the EASE support group people also.

Thanks for your help.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the part about forgot HOW to hear!

    We too have had our share in thoughtless and inconsiderate reactions.

    I noticed that people would ignore Hubby and talk above him or just to me. Even some health care professionals, believe it or not.
    That really annoys me. grr
    No, I do not think you are being over sensitive.
    Hubby realizes the reactions of others also.
    Perhaps they are based on fear or uncomfortableness.
    Who knows why people react the way they do to dementia. I just know I can't change them or their behaviors. No matter how hard I try.

    ReplyDelete