Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Move, Part III.

Things are starting to come together. We even cooked a meal last night! Yes, we still have a few boxes to unpack, and some art work to hang, but it is really starting to look like home. Marcel, the wonder dog, is doing much better. I think he has figured out this is a "No Bark Zone".

We finished cleaning the house yesterday. It looks fantastic. It is as clean as anyone could possible want. Now all we need is a buyer. The yard sale is Saturday and the open house is Sunday. GOD will surprise us, of this I am sure.

This morning is the first time I have been alone in the apartment. My wife has gone to her Bible Study Fellowship, that meets every Thursday. So I have the run of the place. Well, Marcel and I. I have installed two window valances in the guest room and that's about it. I think I will rest until she comes home.

I have met some very nice folks here, many are retired military. Imagine that, in Tidewater! It is very quiet and the apartments seem to be extremely well sound proofed. I think this is going to be a good home. I have noticed that my mental abilities have taken a measurable decrease. My wife has also noticed. We will see if that is temporary or not. It may be from the stress of the move, but it may plateau at this level also. Only time will tell. I will keep you informed.

This Blog is as therapeutic for me as I hope it is informative to those who read it. I intend to continue this as long as I can. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment