Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Emotions...

Remember being 14, and being in LOVE with that cute girl, but she does not even notice you. You are heart broken, confused, angry, sad, hurt, and you are SURE, nobody in the history of the world has ever felt that way before! All of us have had that experience, hundreds of times in our lives. We could not talk to Mom or Dad. Our older siblings teased us, our friends used our problems against us. We were ALONE in the world! No one to help us. They couldn't help because they could not possibly understand what I am going through! Well, that explains the emotions that have gone through over the past two years since being diagnosed with Parkinson's and Dementia. Not all the time, but on those quiet evenings, alone in my thoughts, or when I awake before my wife, I thought, everyone tried to understand, but they can't.

Well, I am here to tell you, I was wrong. Each of you who read my Blog, interface with me everyday, put up with my insecurities and moodiness, and love me, really DO understand what I am going through! I am NOT alone! I have found that many of my friends and many wonderful people that I have never personally met but who read this Blog, do care about me and do understand my illness, my emotions, and my fears! I have learned that many of you have done research on PD and Dementia, not to expand your knowledge base, but to help me! I was wrong!!! I am not alone!!! I have never been alone! I have never been so glad, so happy, so blessed to be wrong in my life!!

So, first of all, let me apologize for being SO wrong. Second, let me thank each of you for being the best friends, the best support group, the best family, anyone could have. God has blessed me and I know that there is nothing that can defeat us. I am strong, capable, happily looking forward, to the future because of the support each of you give me. I realized this tonight, after discussing a number of things with my wife, that happened today as I visited the folks at work. It was reinforced after my best friend, who himself is going through some serious health issues, called me to discuss helping with our move. It was solidified when I realized how wonderful, responsible, and loving my son is and how worried he is about my well being. With a support group like this one, I am Superman!

So, while I realize there will be tough days, days of depression, and issues, (remember, I am a realist) I can still depend on each of you for support because you DO know what I am going through and moreover, you DO care! Wow!! Thanks, I love each one of you! God Bless each of you.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and LOVE how you write. I'll be back and will offer you encouragement when you seem to need it.

    In the meantime, big hugs and lots of happy vibes!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete